Tuesday, August 06, 2013

BOOK: The Motor City and Me: Our Story


The Motor City and Me: Our Story

by Mary Anne McMahon

I recently published a book called The Motor City and Me: Our Story. It highlights the rich history of Detroit and how the Motor City has left a lasting impact on me. Paralleling the rise and fall of Detroit with the ups and downs of my own life, I demonstrate how Detroit values strengthened and reassured me throughout difficult times. I was born and raised in Detroit. I experienced a happy 1950s Detroit childhood, attending east side Catholic schools and enjoying the once flourishing city. I graduated from  the University of Detroit. I have 28 years of teaching experience, including time during the Detroit's period of racial unrest in the 1960s. I believe my book would interest those Detroiters who follow your website since I discuss the Detroit time period 1950s - 1970s.

The Motor City and Me is available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment