Thursday, January 02, 2014

GoDaddy drops the ball...and not on New Year's Eve

My apologies to all of the Yahoo!, Comcast, Cox or other email service subscribers who didn't receive the December 2013 Detroit Memories Newsletter

The software I use for the broadcast email notice is supported by GoDaddy. Until recently, after 10 years of being their customer, I haven't experienced any problems. But lately, it's been one thing after another.

Over 400 emails bounced last month. I submitted an Inquiry about the problem and was told that it was being sent to a higher level resolution team. That's pretty much where it stands. No word on whether the problem has been fixed. I can only cross my fingers that this month's issue reaches everyone...or most everyone.

Also, several subscribers have reported receiving the notice for the Newsletter in ASCII instead of HTML. If that's happening to you, I'll need a copy of the source file or an .EML file. Please send it to me at: info@detroitmemories.com

In the future, if you don't receive the notice about the Newsletter by the 7th of the month, you can always come directly to this blog by using this URL:
detroitmemories.blogspot.com

My sincere wishes to you for a happy and healthy 2014! And thank you all for your terrific support of Detroit Memories!

Eileen

UPDATE 1/6/2014: It appears the problem with the email accounts has been fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment